God Emperor - Megagame is dedicated to providing a great megagame experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexuality, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. For this reason, we will not tolerate any form of harassment of megagame participants. Megagame participants found to be engaging in harassment may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without refund.
What is harassment?
· offensive verbal comments about gender, sexuality, impairment, physical appearance, body size, race or religion
· showing sexual images in public spaces
· intimidation, stalking or following
· photographing or recording someone without their permission
· sustained disruption of talks or other events
· uninvited physical contact
· uninvited sexual attention
Participants asked to stop harassing behaviour must comply immediately.
Participants must not engage in harassment at any megagame venues or megagame-related social events.
What should I do if I am being harassed?
In some cases you may find the harassment stops if you clearly say ‘no’ or ‘please leave me alone’, or simply walk away. We would appreciate it if a Control member was still informed to help us identify any repeat offenders.
If you continue to be harassed or notice someone else being harassed, please contact a Control member immediately. Control members will help participants contact the Megagame organisers, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe during the megagame. The first Control member you report to will take whatever steps they can to assist you in feeling safe, and will put you in contact with or bring you to the Anti-Harassment Contact: Rowena Specht-Whyte.
You can choose whether or not to report. If you wish to report, we will take details of the harassment and work with you to respond to the issue in a way that assists you in feeling safe and maintains the safety of the wider megagame environment, as well as enforcing our anti-harassment policy. If you report a serious criminal matter, please be aware that we may be obliged to contact the police. We would however take into account any concerns you may have around involving them.
Like society in general, racism permeates geek culture and geek spaces, making them less welcoming and safe for non-white people. At God Emperor - Megagame we want to prioritise the voices of people who are often spoken over or erased in geek spaces, and make God Emperor - Megagame as accessible as we can to people from all racial backgrounds. Problems non-white attendees of geek events talk about include:
· white people critiquing their costumes without being asked
· being expected to be an authority on non-white characters in various settings
· being talked down to or assumed to be less knowledgeable about topics being discussed.
This sort of behaviour will absolutely not be tolerated.
Why does God Emperor - Megagame need an anti-harassment policy?
We’ve implemented an anti-harassment policy in response to widespread reports of harassment in geek communities, games and at conventions. Read more about .
How can I help make God Emperor - Megagame safer?
· Be aware of this anti-harassment policy, of using non-oppressive language, and of folks' boundaries.
· Back up others – if you see someone being harassed or appearing uncomfortable, ask if they’re okay.
This anti-harassment policy and the anti-racism statement is based on the same policies from NineWorlds Geekfest 2016 https://nineworlds.co.uk/.